Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sliders

So the hubby called out from playing Mass Effect with the guys, "Hey hun, are you hungry?" which is actually code for "I'm hungry please make food."

I'm at a loss at what to make, all the meat is frozen except bacon or hot dogs, neither of which sounded particularly appetizing on their own right this second and I'm not very good with lunch in the first place.

So I grabbed a few things out of the kitchen and came up with these.





Ingredients

*Note, this is just what I used, you can portion yourself and add or subtract as much as you wish.

- 4 large eggs
- Handful of Hormel Real Bacon Bits
- Little bit of minced onion that we have in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Shake or two of garlic salt
- Sandful of favorite shredded cheese
- Potato bread slider buns (We had Martins on hand)
- Slice of butter

1. Warm up your pan on medium heat (I used 5, it's a personal favorite) and throw in a slice of butter to grease the bottom of your pan and make everything taste better.

2. I put in the onion next because it needed to be warmed up so it would break up. I like mixing it up with the butter and letting it sit for a minute or two.

3. Crack your eggs into the pan and scramble them up. I don't add milk because the hubs doesn't like the way eggs are with milk (don't ask) and I've just fallen out of the habit of it. If you put milk in your scrambled eggs, by all means do so.

4. Give a shake or two of the garlic salt and mix it up.

5. Wait a few minutes until the eggs start to clump together if you stir, I think it's roughly halfway, right before the eggs really start cooking and fluffing up, then add as much cheese and bacon bits as your heart desires.

Right around or a little before this stage.


6. Once the eggs are cooked through, grab your buns, spoon some out, and you're all done! Quick and easy thrown together breakfast/brunch/lunch.



I somehow managed to get exactly six sliders out of this recipe, which is amazing, because unless I'm following a recipe, I have this problem that I inherited from my grandmother where I don't measure out ingredients, I just estimate and throw it together.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment