Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Safer Ant Killer Alternative

Happy November! While we are definitely enjoying the cooler weather we're getting here in Florida, some creepy crawlers have decided to move in where it's warmer - our kitchen! I tried this on a whim, because I really didn't want to spray bug killer in our kitchen, right near the sink and Mom-in-Law's morning coffee set up.



The little black ants show up in the morning and they disappear as it warms up outside, but they're still a nuisance. We think they're coming through cracks around the kitchen window.

Anyway, I was going to make brunch for the hubby and saw a TON of them behind Mom's coffee pot, and I thought, hey, that Windex Multi-Surface I bought has vinegar in it. Vinegar's pretty strong, maybe it will do SOMETHING.

All dead!

And guess what? It did! I sprayed it all over them and they died. Whether it was the chemicals or just because they were trapped in something wet I'm not completely sure, but I saw some more moving around a little later, sprayed again, and they died as well. 

I'm so excited about this discovery, because now I can keep the ants at bay without spraying harmful chemicals in the kitchen. All I have to do is wait for them to die, then wipe away, almost as if I were just cleaning the kitchen surfaces like normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment