Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Little About Me and What to Look Forward to

Happy Monday!
My husband and I were married in May of this past year and since, I've been trying to be a better housekeeper and cook. I'm a licensed hairdresser but I'm currently not working so I'm trying to make good use of my free time. I'm planning on going back to school in January but I'm still soul-searching and praying as to what for exactly.

I've started this blog as a way to share my experience with cleaning, organizing, a little home decor, and all the other things that come with being a wife in our little family. We're currently living with my husband's momma, bless her soul for putting up with us. We both managed to cram all of our combined junk into his one room, and the need to be organized and cleanly was painfully obvious. That's a story for another post, though.

Cleaning, I've realized, is more than just chores to me. I use my cleaning time as a way to enjoy music and meditate. It relaxes me the way yoga does for other people. When I was still in high school, I would let my room gradually get messier and messier until my anxiety forced me into action. I would take every little thing off of every surface, dust, vacuum, organize, rearrange my furniture long past the midnight hour until it was spotless and exactly how I wanted it. That's not so efficient anymore. Changing up how I clean was a necessity to my well-being, because if the house or our room is messy, my mood and the way I react to little blips in the day takes a turn for the worse. Honestly, I get bitchier and bitchier as the mess grows until I snap and have to clean everything. Also not efficient, not to mention exhausting.

I've recently changed up my cleaning style since into something I find much easier to keep up with and much more rewarding. I find a great sense of accomplishment when it comes to completing the household tasks of the day, though I still find myself needing a little self-disciple every now and then, but who doesn't?

I've been wanting to blog for a while but I didn't know exactly what for and didn't realize until today, actually, that cleaning was definitely one of my strong points that I know enough about to share with all of you lovely people. It's also something that I can incorporate a little organizing and home decor into as well. I can guarantee you off-topic posts for cooking and recipes, pet posts, and other general things about marriage, life decisions, and eventually posts about future children, and I apologize in advance for my lack of control but I promise I will keep things organized into nice little categories so you can sort through my babbling.

I hope you're having a fabulous Monday and hope that in the future, you find something useful on this blog that will help make your life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment